Line Dancer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Line Dancer Forum

A New Forum for Line Dancers everywhere!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NO DANCE DANCE SITE

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tigger
Admin
Admin
Tigger

Number of posts : 1030
Registration date : 2007-02-21

NO DANCE DANCE SITE Empty
PostSubject: NO DANCE DANCE SITE   NO DANCE DANCE SITE Icon_minitimeThu 30 Apr 2009, 10:55

Any NON SUBSCRIBER choreographers having problems trying to put their dances onto the LINEDANCER MAGAZINE site...

They are looking into it.. and have been for over a week.... from their conversations they are NOT happy at all that someone has been so 'negative' as to inform them of the problem - more about this later... but in the meantime.. 'anyone else?
Back to top Go down
Tigger
Admin
Admin
Tigger

PostSubject: Re: NO DANCE DANCE SITE   NO DANCE DANCE SITE Icon_minitimeSat 02 May 2009, 15:53

On Friday (1st May) Linedancer Magazine corrected the problem.

The problem they still have though is one of total and unbelievable arrogance towards the person who informed them of the problem.
There was nothing to warrant the very gruff and off handed response received all throught the telephone conversation. I was not the only one at the receiving end.
Two of my friends (both Choreographers) were also castigated when they too noticed the problem during a weekend MSN chat They informed me and this was passed on during the conversation with Linedancer. We were collectively informed that 'you, and your two friends don't know what you are talking about'.
This was not the only cause for concern – but enough for now.
Though it not expected, a ‘thank you for informing us’ would have been a nice gesture from either telephone conversation… but going off past experience, something about ‘Pigs’ and ‘Flying’ immediately come to mind.
Linedancer may have a problem with themselves regarding me.. but at least I acted in a positive and courteous manner.
I just hope that other non-subscribers who noticed the problem and informed the Magazine were treated with a little more respect.
Back to top Go down
Tigger
Admin
Admin
Tigger

PostSubject: Re: NO DANCE DANCE SITE   NO DANCE DANCE SITE Icon_minitimeWed 06 May 2009, 05:06

Well.. that problem has been resolved... but another seems to be present - and appears to have been there for a while.
Let me explain.. as this could effecting ANY Choreographer.
When a choreographer submits a dance script that script gets placed in the 'NEW TODAY' listings. Then, after 24 hours (?) is automatically removed and place into the 'NEW THIS WEEK'.. and then 'NEW THIS MONTH'.... or so we are led to believe.

It appears that - and not for the first time - newly submitted scripts have been 'automatically' moved straight into the 'NEW THIS WEEK' listings and highly likely being 'lost' amongst the other dances within that list.
This means those dances have not had the advantage of being 'highlighted' (for want of a better word) within the 'NEW TODAY' listings. This means that 'on the ball' and 'up to the minute' Instructors and dancers have not been given the opportunity to download the script as when it (should have) first appeared.
This, as many would claim puts the script, the Instructor, the dancer and the Choreographer at a distinct DISADVANTAGE - and THAT as many would agree, does not allow for a level playing field.

As was said earlier, this problem has been present for a while and as such the Staff at Linedancer Magazine have been made FULLY AWARE on at least THREE occasions since last November.
Back to top Go down
Tigger
Admin
Admin
Tigger

PostSubject: Re: NO DANCE DANCE SITE   NO DANCE DANCE SITE Icon_minitimeTue 08 Sep 2009, 13:33

Well everything appears to have corrected itself and working 100%.
So, my thanks at least to the LD staff who have sorted out any problems (though they still insisted that the only problem was 'me'... lol). Still strange how a dance submitted in the morning gets moved straight into the 'New This Week' section... on the same day (and on more than one occasion).. but at least any querks in the system have now been resolved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NO DANCE DANCE SITE   NO DANCE DANCE SITE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NO DANCE DANCE SITE
Page 1 of 1