Line Dancer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Line Dancer Forum

A New Forum for Line Dancers everywhere!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bomshel Stomp

Go down 
AuthorMessage
maggiej

maggiej

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2006-12-31

Bomshel Stomp Empty
PostSubject: Bomshel Stomp   Bomshel Stomp Icon_minitimeTue 02 Jan 2007, 10:01

Has anyone done this dance yet? It's off the Line Dance Fever 17 album - which includes the steps - and was published in the latest edition of Up Country.

There seems to be a problem with the published wall count for the 'Bonus Steps' in both versions (a 'bridge' by any other name is still a 'bridge'). Having danced it through at home I've worked out that you do the dance twice then the Bonus steps (which take you round to the back wall to start again). You then do 3 walls and the Bonus (again taking you to the back wall). You then do 2 more walls and end with the Bonus (which brings you to the front to finish).

Am hoping to teach it tonight as a bit of fun after Christmas. Wish me luck.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Bomshel Stomp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bomshel Stomp   Bomshel Stomp Icon_minitimeTue 02 Jan 2007, 10:29

Not seen it yet. Let us know how it goes. If it's good I'll ask my instructor to do it. What is the track of music?
Back to top Go down
maggiej

maggiej

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2006-12-31

Bomshel Stomp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bomshel Stomp   Bomshel Stomp Icon_minitimeWed 03 Jan 2007, 12:25

Just an update on Bomshel Stomp.

The music is very 'Cotton-Eyed Joe' so is not to everyone's taste (may be a bit too 'yee-ha' for some). The dance is on the Linedancer magazine website as a video clip if any of you subscribe and want to check it out.

Class weren't sure at first but it grew on them as the evening wore on. They weren't keen on the 'wizard' steps (have also been called 'Dorothy steps' if I remember rightly) and haven't taken to previous dances with these steps but have decided that it's an 'attitide' dance and think they'll like it when they are more familiar with the steps and can develop their attidude!

I took out the squat - we're mostly too old to get down to that position - but put in a rock step or a small dip before the 1/4 turn and then hip bumps instead of the pelvic thrusts. We had fun with the Bonus Steps (no, the class weren't fooled by this new name for a Bridge) and collapsed in fits of giggles when we forget where we were going at the end. Laughing

Great as a fun dance, but I don't think it will have staying power.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bomshel Stomp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bomshel Stomp   Bomshel Stomp Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bomshel Stomp
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Line Dancer Forum :: General Discussion :: The latest dances-
Jump to: