Line Dancer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Line Dancer Forum

A New Forum for Line Dancers everywhere!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The old but popular ones

Go down 
+11
Southernlass
frenchwack
kalpe kate
Destiny
Julie
Tigger
Dancing Gal
Jules
Jennie
Pat
maggiej
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Destiny
2 Smooth 2 Move
Destiny

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-02-15

The old but popular ones - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The old but popular ones   The old but popular ones - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Oct 2008, 06:31

Awwwww, have you missed me Tigger Very Happy

Been reading, but have been lazy when it came to posting. Must do better !!!

Another old one which I still enjoy dancing is Pretend. At one class we have started doing Vertical Expression to the original music. Been doing it to Cry Of The Celts for a few years now, so it has been "refreshed" by The Bellamys, lol.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Shuffler
Shuffler
Pat

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2007-01-10

PostSubject: Re: The old but popular ones   The old but popular ones - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Oct 2008, 13:33

We did Some Beach last week, still a big hit ´round here......
and J´ai du boogie....
We also did All week long a few weeks ago bounce

Pat
Back to top Go down
LuvToDanz

LuvToDanz

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: The old but popular ones   The old but popular ones - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Nov 2008, 00:52

Chill Factor ... yay DFD

Wonderful ... absolutely wonderful belly dancer

Am I - Cato Larsen ... such a beautiful and easy dance FDRE
Oops ! wrong thread OFT ... this is not OLD but i know it's very popular ... What dya think? Smile
Back to top Go down
Tigger
Admin
Admin
Tigger

Number of posts : 1030
Registration date : 2007-02-21

PostSubject: Re: The old but popular ones   The old but popular ones - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Nov 2008, 06:29

Am I by Cato Larsen... you can alway copy it and put it under 'New Dances'. But whilst here - there IS every possibility that this dance (when done 'nicely') could be on its way to becoming a future 'Classic'. But as I said - when done 'nicely'. ie.. not like a robot. A Classic with 'class'. But hey ho - what do I know.
Back to top Go down
LEO BOOMEN

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: THE OLD BUT POPULAR ONES   The old but popular ones - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Nov 2008, 08:06

The correct name for Chilly Cha Cha is MAGIC CHA CHA choreographed by Ruth Elias and Pauline Morgan to the song Chilly Cha Cha by Jessica Jay. The alternate song is Is The Magic Still There by Alabama. It is a 32 counts, 4 walls easy intermediate line dance. No tag and no restart.

DHSS is still in the playlist for line dance jams organised by Taiji groups but it is danced to the Chinese song Zi Ding Xiang with 2 restarts. In fact, I am the one who taught this dance to my students using this Chinese song because I could not get hold of the song,Coffee, then. It was many years ago.

Have you heard of the evergreen line dances called Sugar Sugar choreographed by Doug Miranda to the song of the same name by Archies and Singapore Swing by Bill Bader. Singapore Swing was danced in Singapore to the local song of Rasa Sayang by a Singaporean band.

These 4 dances are considered evergreen oldies and they are still danced in line dance parties once in a while. Even though I have not danced them for ages, I can still remember the steps.
Back to top Go down
Tigger
Admin
Admin
Tigger

Number of posts : 1030
Registration date : 2007-02-21

PostSubject: Re: The old but popular ones   The old but popular ones - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Nov 2008, 11:44

Hi Leo,

Yep.. remember all of them. 'Singapore Swing' was used for the World Record Attempt. I seem to recall that when asked about the title Bill (Bader) stated he checked all around and found no other dance of that title and it just seemed to fit in with the event.
Though, contrary to what was said at the time there was another dance with the same title. A title which had a direct bearing on the actual music used - 'Party Cocktail'.. with the '- Swing' adapted from the classic Cocktail 'Singapore Sling'... ahhhh memories.. haha. The script states it being a 40 count Intermediate from Summer 1999 which predates Bills dance. The two dances were totally different. I think the other one was only danced in 'Iceland'... the store not the Country that is - as I never saw it danced in clubs in the UK.

I think many people (here in the UK) called it Chilly Cha Cha.. because the most popular music was indeed the Jessica Jay tune. I think its fantastic how it seems to have caught the imagination of the dancers once again so long after its initial release. Same goes for Wooly Bully as well...and thats from even further back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The old but popular ones   The old but popular ones - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The old but popular ones
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Line Dancer Forum :: General Discussion :: Old favourites-
Jump to: