Line Dancer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Line Dancer Forum

A New Forum for Line Dancers everywhere!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WOOLY BULLY:32/4 Ad.Beginner - NEW video link

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tigger
Admin
Admin
Tigger

Number of posts : 1030
Registration date : 2007-02-21

WOOLY BULLY:32/4 Ad.Beginner - NEW video link Empty
PostSubject: WOOLY BULLY:32/4 Ad.Beginner - NEW video link   WOOLY BULLY:32/4 Ad.Beginner - NEW video link Icon_minitimeSat 24 Nov 2007, 01:33

This dance has been around for nearly ten years and has seen some good dance time (not only my words). It has now been given a new lease of life by Winnie Yu of Canada, whom due to the number of requests has video'd the dance and placed it on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWHoOSvLZ6U

Winnie has enhanced the shuffles within the dance - of which I have no objection at all.. and as an acknowledgment to her creativity included them within the updated dance script.

If you require music and script - simply email me:
taylormademusic@yahoo.com

WOOLY BULLY

Choreographed by:- William Sevone. August 21st 1998
Choreographed to:- "Wooly Bully" (144bpm) ...Sam The Sham & The Pharaohs (many compilations)
Four Wall Line Dance:- 32 Count - Advanced Beginner.
Choreographers note:- The music is pure nonsense – and great fun. Add whatever styling/attitude you wish to this dance.. and add to the fun. My thanks to Winnie Yu of Canada for taking the time to learn, teach and add her own special magic to this dance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWHoOSvLZ6U
Originally the first section was all forward shuffles – Winnie enhanced them, for which I am grateful.
Dance starts after the staggered intro when Sam shouts the word "Hey!".

[b]3X DIAGONAL SHUFFLE. FWD SHUFFLE (12:00)

1&2 Shuffle diagonally right stepping: R.L-R.
3&4 Shuffle diagonally left stepping: L.R-L.
5&6 Shuffle diagonally right stepping: R.L-R.
7&8 Shuffle forward stepping: L.R-L.
Dance note: All shuffles are short/shallow stepped and can be performed with optional hand rolls.

3X 1/4 LEFT TOUCH-HITCH. SIDE. BEHIND (3:00).
9-10 Touch right toe forward. Hitch right knee - turning 1/4 left (9).
11-12 Touch right toe to side. Hitch right knee - turning 1/4 left (6).
13-14 Touch right toe to side. Hitch right knee - turning 1/4 left (3).
15-16 Step right to right side. Step left behind right.

SIDE & CROSS. 3X SCUFFS. SCUFF 1/2 RIGHT. RIGHT CHASSE (9:00).
&17 Step right to right side, cross left over right.
18-19 Scuff right forward. Scuff right backward to outside of left leg.
20-21 Scuff right forward. Scuff right backward turning 1/2 right on ball of left .
22&23 Step right to right side, step left next to right, step right to right side.

HITCH 1/4 RIGHT. TOUCH. HITCH. 1/4 RIGHT. SIDE. BEHIND. SIDE & CROSS. STAMPS (3:00).
24 Hitch left knee & turn 1/4 right (12).
25-26 Touch left toe to side. Hitch left knee & turn 1/4 right (3).
27-28 Step left to side. Step right behind left.
29& Step left to side, cross right over left.
30-32 Stamp forward: L.R.L.
Dance note: Counts 30-32 are short/shallow stepped.

Other suggested music:
Canned Heat - Lets work together (120 bpm)
Dwight Yoakam - Lets work together (120 bpm)
Chuck Berry - No particular place to go (136 bpm)
Kentucky Headhunters - Dumas Walker (140 bpm)
Boy Howdy - Bring on the teardrops (148 bpm)
Shenandoah - The Church on Cumberland Road (152 bpm)
Holly Dunn - There goes my heart again (152 bpm)

Last edited by Tigger on Sat 19 Dec 2009, 07:22; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Destiny
2 Smooth 2 Move
Destiny

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-02-15

PostSubject: Re: WOOLY BULLY:32/4 Ad.Beginner - NEW video link   WOOLY BULLY:32/4 Ad.Beginner - NEW video link Icon_minitimeSat 24 Nov 2007, 09:52

I like that Mike Very Happy

Where are you having success with it?
Back to top Go down
Tigger
Admin
Admin
Tigger

PostSubject: Re: WOOLY BULLY:32/4 Ad.Beginner - NEW video link   WOOLY BULLY:32/4 Ad.Beginner - NEW video link Icon_minitimeSat 24 Nov 2007, 10:30

"I like that Mike".....

Hmmm.... a lot of girls say that...!!!!!..?

...and that question... bit personal don't ya think... Shocked Very Happy

seriously.. as no one in the UK would dare to do or even admit to liking one of my dances for fear of the 'unseen witch-hunters' - in most parts of the World ..other than the UK.

As I said, it must be still danced as people have requested Winnie do a vid. I certainly didn't ask her (other Choreographers might - not me) and it was a (but pleasant) shock to see it on there.
Back to top Go down
Destiny
2 Smooth 2 Move
Destiny

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-02-15

PostSubject: Re: WOOLY BULLY:32/4 Ad.Beginner - NEW video link   WOOLY BULLY:32/4 Ad.Beginner - NEW video link Icon_minitimeSat 24 Nov 2007, 11:31

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

clears throat

I like that dance Mike

Where abouts in the world are they doing it.
Back to top Go down
Dancing Gal
Admin
Admin
Dancing Gal

Number of posts : 430
Registration date : 2006-12-03

PostSubject: Re: WOOLY BULLY:32/4 Ad.Beginner - NEW video link   WOOLY BULLY:32/4 Ad.Beginner - NEW video link Icon_minitimeSat 24 Nov 2007, 12:24

Cool - what a great dance - can't help smiling when watching them do it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://linedancerforum.editboard.com
Tigger
Admin
Admin
Tigger

PostSubject: Re: WOOLY BULLY:32/4 Ad.Beginner - NEW video link   WOOLY BULLY:32/4 Ad.Beginner - NEW video link Icon_minitimeSat 24 Nov 2007, 16:41

Tell ya what... the Asian/Oriental women especially can really soak in (new) dances.. and dare I say..seem to actually enjoy it more - this being based on open eyed observation.

Winnie is actually smiling in parts of that vid... either that or she had stubbed her toe during the forward back turning scuffs - it was mentioned that that particular move has been spotted in a dance this year - and some Instructors/dancers raved about it being unique... mine is obviously a copy then lol! Wonder where I got it from...lol.. same with those turning hitch points I suppose.

Oh.. sorry Destiny... the vid is from Toronto (Canada) and they are certainly doing the dance in parts of America (judging by the emails)
Back to top Go down
Tigger
Admin
Admin
Tigger

PostSubject: Re: WOOLY BULLY:32/4 Ad.Beginner - NEW video link   WOOLY BULLY:32/4 Ad.Beginner - NEW video link Icon_minitimeTue 22 Apr 2008, 11:04

....and it appears... a massive Aloha from Hawaii as well... wonder what they made of the dance "SURFS UP"....lol
Back to top Go down
Tigger
Admin
Admin
Tigger

PostSubject: Re: WOOLY BULLY:32/4 Ad.Beginner - NEW video link   WOOLY BULLY:32/4 Ad.Beginner - NEW video link Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jul 2008, 01:14

I have just been sent this video link for the dance WOOLY BULLY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0wu7UuOAUY

Now some choreographers may get annoyed if they see dancers/instructors not doing their dance 'foot perfect'.. I say simply, its obvious within this video that they have only just been taught the dance - and added their own intro (which is cute) and embellished the turning knee hitches (which only adds to the visual effect) - and they DO look as if they are having some fun doing it - which is brill. So good luck to these dancers... and simply, carry on!!
Back to top Go down
Southernlass
Top Strutter
Top Strutter
Southernlass

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2007-02-06

PostSubject: Re: WOOLY BULLY:32/4 Ad.Beginner - NEW video link   WOOLY BULLY:32/4 Ad.Beginner - NEW video link Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jul 2008, 16:37

really liked that one Laughing, I'd enjoy dancing it
Back to top Go down
Tigger
Admin
Admin
Tigger

PostSubject: Re: WOOLY BULLY:32/4 Ad.Beginner - NEW video link   WOOLY BULLY:32/4 Ad.Beginner - NEW video link Icon_minitimeSun 09 Nov 2008, 15:08

Now... I cant really see those 'sedate' Ladies of the UK line dance clubs letting their hair down like these really great Ladies from Malaysia... and its a pity... 'cos these girls are WILD.. and really great fun.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts4QDDwMN6k

CNY???.... Chinese New Year (February)
Back to top Go down
Tigger
Admin
Admin
Tigger

PostSubject: Re: WOOLY BULLY:32/4 Ad.Beginner - NEW video link   WOOLY BULLY:32/4 Ad.Beginner - NEW video link Icon_minitimeSat 15 Nov 2008, 16:09

Hi Everyone..

I have moved parts of the thread concerning RESTARTS and associated elements from the WOOLY BULLY dance thread as the content started to become freyed... interesting... but freyed. They are now on the WHAT'S YOUR OPINION? - RESTARTS thread.

I have not deleted ANY of the postings and they are all set out on the new thread as they appeared on this one. Please continue with the thread if you wish to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WOOLY BULLY:32/4 Ad.Beginner - NEW video link   WOOLY BULLY:32/4 Ad.Beginner - NEW video link Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WOOLY BULLY:32/4 Ad.Beginner - NEW video link
Page 1 of 1