Line Dancer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Line Dancer Forum

A New Forum for Line Dancers everywhere!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

TSWRA Report

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fiona Haywood

Fiona Haywood

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-01-01

TSWRA Report Empty
PostSubject: TSWRA Report   TSWRA Report Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul 2007, 11:32

Just got back from TSWRA festival. We had to leave early (it finishes tonight) because Alan has to go to work tomorrow – booooo!

Anyway, as some of you may have read, this was our first visit to this event. Alan had been lucky enough to be granted a teach spot on the Friday alongside some other instructors and choreographers who included Tina Argyle, Dom Yates and Alan Heighway. There were other instructors too, but unfortunately I did not get all of their names.

With all these people, we met up with some message boarders who we recognised from their photos (apart from Little Miss Doodle who ‘told me off’ for not recognising her – then I reminded her that she is an avatar on the message board and not a photo so impossible to recognise her! LOL!!!)

So, the message-boarders I can remember are: Joan (Squizz) Curtis, Cricket (Janis), Mona Lisa, Sugar Plum Fairy, Stumblin Steve and Dippy Diane – please forgive me if I’ve forgotten you! The Message Boarders sign on the table was fab by the way!

Other choreographers scheduled for the weekend were Maggie Gallagher on the Saturday and Kate Sala on the Sunday. Guest choreographers were Rob Fowler who taught some great dances on the Saturday and just as we were about to leave Teresa and Vera turned up to teach – it was such a shame we missed their workshop – hey ho!
And, of course, the event couldn’t have run without a DJ and Gary Lafferty was the resident DJ for the weekend (oh sorry Big Dave on the Sunday night – but we didn’t get to see Big Dave). For the time we were there, Gary did a fantastic job of playing as many requests as possible and keeping the floor full. Interesting floor-splits to keep everyone dancing.

But, these events cannot happen without someone there to run them with great organisational skills. This event was organised by DanzDevil and Sammy Rogers (Glenn’s wife) did a marvellous job with the organisation, timekeeping and keeping everyone happy. The compere for the weekend was Glenn who not only announced everything but did his own singing spots too which were great. He did sing one song and suggested we danced Show Me Wot U Got but didn’t warn us in advance that it was about triple the speed!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Glenn!

Obviously there were so many dances taught that I can’t remember them all – but I can remember that Alan taught Jive Aces and You Are The World (funny that how I can remember his!!!! Lol!!!!)
Talking of Jive Aces – the band also appeared for their very first linedance event – a real eye opener for them to see and they were a class act and very entertaining. Great to see them there!

I took loads of photos and they should be on our site in a couple of days – so go take a look! I’m sure there will be many more – Steve Healy was there from Linedancer taking loads too.
I’m sure we will get more added to this thread and someone with a better memory than me (and a pen and paper) will be able to list all the dances taught (Gary?????)

So, all in all, we had a fantastic time, brill dances, brill mix of dancing, meeting all these people we’d never met – a new family!!!!!!!!!

And next year………….? I hope so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fi x
Back to top Go down
Dancing Gal
Admin
Admin
Dancing Gal

Number of posts : 430
Registration date : 2006-12-03

TSWRA Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: TSWRA Report   TSWRA Report Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul 2007, 12:21

Brilliant Fiona - looks like you had a great time. We had planned to go again this year - we went last year - but personal circumstances prevented us from going. Bummer. Glad to see from your report that plenty of the people we've previously met are still up for it. Die hard line dancers I know:bounce: I can hardly believe it's a year since the last event. This year is going just way too quickly for me.
Back to top Go down
https://linedancerforum.editboard.com
Dancing Gal
Admin
Admin
Dancing Gal

Number of posts : 430
Registration date : 2006-12-03

TSWRA Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: TSWRA Report   TSWRA Report Icon_minitimeSun 02 Sep 2007, 11:06

I see there was an article in Southern Country magazine about the recent TSWRA but no mention about the scandal and a date for next years event.

Has it all been a big misunderstanding or something then? I thought the organisers had legged it without paying the artists or something.
Back to top Go down
https://linedancerforum.editboard.com
Sponsored content

TSWRA Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: TSWRA Report   TSWRA Report Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TSWRA Report
Page 1 of 1