Line Dancer Forum

A New Forum for Line Dancers everywhere!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

GEMMAWFUL!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BOOT SCOOTER
Dancer
Dancer

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: GEMMAWFUL!!!   Sun 22 Feb 2009, 09:54

Had Gemmani at our club recently, she has now teamed up with Stuart of Circuit Judge, Sidewinder, Wine stained cowboys fame. There was a good atmosphere that night, but I think the gemma Fairweather /Stuart thing does not work very well.
There were a few tuning and timing issues in my humble opinion and when I was not on the dance floor it was noticable that dancers were trying hard to keep time to the music.
Gemma attempted to sing the music for "Amame" and headfones, both were pretty awful really. Not sure if others agree, but if a band is good at singing country it is better for them to suggest a dance like amame which goes to their particular brand of music!
Its a shame really as I liked Gemma when she was just singing on her own and I liked Stuart (as an excellent musician) when he was just playing and not trying to sing. It seemed to me almost as if they were trying to out do each other and Stuarts instruments were often drowning out Gemmas singing! Back to the drawing board maybe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tigger
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1030
Registration date : 2007-02-21

PostSubject: Re: GEMMAWFUL!!!   Sun 22 Feb 2009, 13:31

Hi BS,

Is Gemmania the new name for the duo?.

Sometime when two or more artists join forces from other groups or whatever, on paper its pretty good.. even in practice sessions they sound pretty good - but come the day... ooooops. Though to be fair on this particular night could it be said BS it was 'Murphys Law' - anything that could go wrong, DID go wrong.
Be interesting if we hear of any more reviews from forthcoming venues by Gemmania.

GEMMAWFUL!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Line Dancer Forum :: General Discussion :: Let's Talk about Bands and Entertainers-
Jump to: