Line Dancer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Line Dancer Forum

A New Forum for Line Dancers everywhere!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Come Dance With Me

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
fld5035

fld5035

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-12-26

Come Dance With Me Empty
PostSubject: Come Dance With Me   Come Dance With Me Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jan 2009, 01:31

It's my first line dance song and watching this video kinda brings back the fond memories,,, Smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPndbq3Ncj8&feature=channel_page
Back to top Go down
BOOT SCOOTER
Dancer
Dancer
BOOT SCOOTER

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2007-01-31

Come Dance With Me Empty
PostSubject: COME DANCE WITH ME   Come Dance With Me Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jan 2009, 03:06

Wow, we need a bigger dance floor!! great video, we still do the dance and the holding hands thing now and again.
Back to top Go down
Tigger
Admin
Admin
Tigger

Number of posts : 1030
Registration date : 2007-02-21

Come Dance With Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come Dance With Me   Come Dance With Me Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jan 2009, 03:43

Now I know Asian dancers love dancing in 'open spaces'... usually a street, shopping mall, small park....
The only sad side is that this square has become imortalised for something totally different.
.... but lets talk about the dancing - was this for a World Record attempt. or a cultural/excerise exhibition. All the dancers appeared to be step-for-step in total unison. Excellent. Thank you for sharing.
Back to top Go down
LuvToDanz

LuvToDanz

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Come Dance With Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come Dance With Me   Come Dance With Me Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jan 2009, 04:15

Hi Tigger,

Quote :
Now I know Asian dancers love dancing in 'open spaces'... usually a street, shopping mall, small park....

The Chinese has been known to dance in 'open spaces' since I don't know when... They do all kinds of exercises; be it tai chi (gigong) , latin, ballroom & etc. ; and now linedance there. It is FOC ! lol! No rental charge for using the 'open spaces' flower

Quote :
usually a street, shopping mall, small park....

Are you sure only ASIAN dancers to LD at these places?? If I m not wrong I have seen vids of non-Asian linedancers dancing at these places , too !! study

Quote :
was this for a World Record attempt. or a cultural/excerise exhibition. All the dancers appeared to be step-for-step in total unison.

If I m not wrong, this demo is a prelude to the China Olympics 2008, being the introduction of linedance as a new form of exercise in China. Linedance just started getting BIG in China in 2008.. FYI
Wink

Din y'all notice the recent inflow of youtube vids from China re: linedance? Look at the vids.. Looks so professional .. they are serious, k? Cool

Dance belly dancer and have fun flower
Back to top Go down
Tigger
Admin
Admin
Tigger

Come Dance With Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come Dance With Me   Come Dance With Me Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jan 2009, 06:09

Hi L2D,

"..The Chinese has been known to dance in 'open spaces' since I don't know when... They do all kinds of exercises; be it tai chi (gigong) , latin, ballroom & etc. ; and now linedance there. It is FOC ! No rental charge for using the 'open spaces' ..Are you sure only ASIAN dancers to LD at these places?? If I m not wrong I have seen vids of non-Asian linedancers dancing at these places , too !! "

Try doing a Linedance in an 'open space' in the UK... it may be stopped by someone - honestly.. lots of picky picky people in the UK. Dancing in open spaces such as streets/jalans or shopping malls is far more evident in Singapore and Malaysia than anywhere else in the World... WHY?... because the Government encourages this activity 100%

"....If I m not wrong, this demo is a prelude to the China Olympics 2008, being the introduction of linedance as a new form of exercise in China. Linedance just started getting BIG in China in 2008.. FYI
Din y'all notice the recent inflow of youtube vids from China re: linedance? Look at the vids.. Looks so professional .. they are serious, k? "

Ahhhh... see what I mean about Government involvement... now in China.
Yes I had heard that Line dance is getting Big in China... lets hope some of the Worlds Choreographers go there to learn as well as teach. Western Linedance and Magazines are waking up to the fact that the World of Line dance consists of more than just Europe and the Americas... its taken them long enough.
I have said this many times. Asian dancers use Line dancing as an art-form - and they do it so well. There is so much we Westerners can learn from just watching and understanding.
Back to top Go down
fld5035

fld5035

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-12-26

Come Dance With Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come Dance With Me   Come Dance With Me Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jan 2009, 05:57

Hiya all

Glad that you like it. Very Happy
Could you guess the numbers of people dancing in the video?
My guess would be at least 2000.

Quote :
Try doing a Linedance in an 'open space' in the UK... it may be stopped by someone - honestly.. lots of picky picky people in the UK.
Why is it so? Is it against the law? Maybe you could dance at countryside fun

Quote :
Dancing in open spaces such as streets/jalans or shopping malls is far more evident in Singapore and Malaysia than anywhere else in the World...
Lol 'jalans'... you must be a frequent visitor to this part of the world.... Ok, what about Brazil, I think they dance in open space too, but not too sure if they dance in shopping mall. scratch
Back to top Go down
Tigger
Admin
Admin
Tigger

Come Dance With Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come Dance With Me   Come Dance With Me Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jan 2009, 08:27

Hi FLD,

In the UK you would have to get a licence/permission from the authorities. You can of course have a small number (10/12) people having a dance in the Park with no problem really.. but if too many people gather around to see then the authorities may step in and tell them to stop. There are lots of forms to fill out if you want to do a street party and you need a licence for the music (if someone wants to be REALLY awkward). You can of course just 'take a chance' and hope no-one reports you. You cannot just go down to a shopping mall and start dancing - you could even be arrested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Come Dance With Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come Dance With Me   Come Dance With Me Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Come Dance With Me
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Line Dancer Forum :: General Discussion :: Old favourites-
Jump to: