Line Dancer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Line Dancer Forum

A New Forum for Line Dancers everywhere!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PETERBOROUGH

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fiona Haywood

Fiona Haywood

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-01-01

PETERBOROUGH Empty
PostSubject: PETERBOROUGH   PETERBOROUGH Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jan 2007, 01:43

Hi all

Just joined the Board. Alan and I have both registered, so hopefully you'll see us both on here now and again - great to have another forum to get involved in!

Anyway, I thought I'd start by advertising way in advance our annual Wedding Anniversary Social! This year it's for our 3rd!

Saturday 14 April 2007

at

The Royal British Legion Club
Broadway
Yaxley
Peterborough

7.30 - 11.30pm

Entry £5.00, non-dancers free (so bring your non-dancing partners!)

There is a bar and we will of course have a brilliant raffle I'm sure. Bring your own nibbles for your tables.

Open to everyone - requests played all night - would be great to see some new faces!

Put this in your diaries! For a map from the A1 - visit our site - www.alanhaywood.co.uk and then go to the classes page - we hold our Monday classes there!

While you're there, why not have a look around the site (our Wedding Photos are on there!) There are the demo videos and the video of Alan dancing Spooky in the final in Chicago - sure there's plenty for you to look at!

Have fun and thanks again for setting up this forum! Very Happy

Fiona Haywood
www.alanhaywood.co.uk
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PETERBOROUGH Empty
PostSubject: Re: PETERBOROUGH   PETERBOROUGH Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jan 2007, 04:12

Can anyone recommend any good local B&B or hotels? Not too expensive. I'd like to come up to this event bounce
Back to top Go down
Fiona Haywood

Fiona Haywood

PETERBOROUGH Empty
PostSubject: Re: PETERBOROUGH   PETERBOROUGH Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jan 2007, 09:47

Hiya

Here are some that are very local but not sure on the prices. There are some others a little further away - probably about a 10 - 15 min drive and I can try and find some more if you want.

Stilton Lodge
16 North Street
Stilton
Nr Peterborough
Cambridgeshire
PE7 3RP
Tel: 01438 740389
Fax: 01733 242122

The Bell Inn
High St Stilton
Peterborough
Cambridgeshire
PE7 3RA
Tel: 01733 241066

Red House Farm
Broadway Farcet
Peterborough
Cambridgeshire
PE7 3AZ
Tel: 01733 243129

Good luck - would be interested to see how you get on. Where you coming from?

Thanks

Fi x
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PETERBOROUGH Empty
PostSubject: Re: PETERBOROUGH   PETERBOROUGH Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jan 2007, 16:00

We are down south in lovely Portsmouth area.
Back to top Go down
Alan Haywood

Alan Haywood

Number of posts : 41

PETERBOROUGH Empty
PostSubject: Re: PETERBOROUGH   PETERBOROUGH Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jan 2007, 11:02

Hiya

We came down to Portsmouth last May I think it was. Alan taught at Janis Budgen's classes - we had a great time!

Hope you make it in April - see ya then!

Fi x
Back to top Go down
Fiona Haywood

Fiona Haywood

PETERBOROUGH Empty
PostSubject: Venue Change - Saturday 14 April   PETERBOROUGH Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jan 2007, 03:22

Hi everyone

Our Wedding Anniversary social has had to be moved due to the fact that the hall (where we hold our classes) put up the cost threefold - they told us last night!

So, as we couldn't afford to hold it there, it will now be held at:

The Austin Hall
Main Street
Yaxley
Peterborough
Cambs
PE7 3LU

No bar, so bring your own drinks and nibbles. There will be a raffle. As usual, £5 entry and non-dancers are free!

Hope to see some friendly faces there - requests played all night - feel free to bring CDs!

Thanks

Alan
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PETERBOROUGH Empty
PostSubject: Re: PETERBOROUGH   PETERBOROUGH Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jan 2007, 05:28

hey - happy anniversary. Very Happy How many years is it wave
Back to top Go down
Fiona Haywood

Fiona Haywood

PETERBOROUGH Empty
PostSubject: Re: PETERBOROUGH   PETERBOROUGH Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jan 2007, 02:19

Hi, it will be 3 years! I know seems like longer - only joking - 3 fab years so far!

You were asking about B & Bs etc.

Below are details of the Premier Travel Inn which is literally 5 mins from our venue. Rooms are £48 and they do double and twin bedded rooms so if anyone is coming with you, if they want or if you want, you can share a twin bedded room and you'll still only pay the £48. I think they do the room with breakfast for £53 which is still good! Anyway, details below - hope you're still coming!

Premier Travel Inn
Peterborough (A1(M) J16)
Norman Cross (J16 A1(M))
Peterborough
PE7 3TB

T: 0870 850 6330
F: 0870 850 6331

Fi x
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PETERBOROUGH Empty
PostSubject: Re: PETERBOROUGH   PETERBOROUGH Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jan 2007, 08:39

Thanks for the info. We expect to be there. I've made a note in my diary. I'd like to confirm nearer the time if that's okay?

fun
Back to top Go down
Fiona Haywood

Fiona Haywood

PETERBOROUGH Empty
PostSubject: Re: PETERBOROUGH   PETERBOROUGH Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jan 2007, 08:22

Of course! It's not by ticket, so it's whoever turns up on the night! You don't have to confirm - just interested!

ttfn

Fi x
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PETERBOROUGH Empty
PostSubject: Socials   PETERBOROUGH Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jan 2007, 05:16

Hi all I have a social once a month on the first friday at Nunsfield House Alvaston Derby.My next one is 9th feb valentine theme.Krazy Kate
Back to top Go down
Alan Haywood

Alan Haywood

Number of posts : 41

PETERBOROUGH Empty
PostSubject: Re: PETERBOROUGH   PETERBOROUGH Icon_minitimeTue 03 Apr 2007, 05:49

Hi everyone

Just reminding you all that we have our social on Saturday 14 April, now at the Austin Hall, Main Street, Yaxley, Peterborough - we had to move venues! This is our annual social to celebrate our wedding anniversary - 3rd one this year! Having said that, it's just a cd social but requests played all night and we always have a great laugh!

Would be great to see some Linedancer Forumers there!

£5 entry - non dancers free

Just turn up - no tickets for this event!

Alan
Back to top Go down
Fiona Haywood

Fiona Haywood

PETERBOROUGH Empty
PostSubject: Re: PETERBOROUGH   PETERBOROUGH Icon_minitimeMon 16 Apr 2007, 06:37

Just a quick note to say what a success our social was on Saturday! We had people come from all areas as well as locally. People came from as far as Milton Keynes, Bedford and Luton areas as well as the Cambridge area. We'd like to thank all of you for making our social a special one. Thanks to all of you who very kindly gave us some lovely presents and cards - even though we told everyone not to! Hey ho!

Thanks again

Fi and Alan
Back to top Go down
Fiona Haywood

Fiona Haywood

PETERBOROUGH Empty
PostSubject: Re: PETERBOROUGH   PETERBOROUGH Icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2007, 03:30

Hi Dancer

We will be in Portsmouth next week! Alan's teaching at Janis's classes on the Tuesday and the Wednesday - hope you can make one of them!

Would be nice to meet you!

Fi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PETERBOROUGH Empty
PostSubject: Re: PETERBOROUGH   PETERBOROUGH Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PETERBOROUGH
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Line Dancer Forum :: Where to Strut your stuff :: Socials in the UK-
Jump to: