Line Dancer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Line Dancer Forum

A New Forum for Line Dancers everywhere!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FOREVER AND A DAY: 56/2 Intermediate

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tigger
Admin
Admin
Tigger

Number of posts : 1030
Registration date : 2007-02-21

FOREVER AND A DAY: 56/2 Intermediate Empty
PostSubject: FOREVER AND A DAY: 56/2 Intermediate   FOREVER AND A DAY: 56/2 Intermediate Icon_minitimeSun 09 Sep 2007, 14:50

Hi,

In the World of the ‘modern’ (?) line dancing fraternity, Country music doesn’t appear to have as much standing as say 5 years ago. Also the voice of singer Dolly Parton (though reckoned by many to be one of the ‘true spirits’ of American Country music) is rarely - if ever - heard on the dance floor.
Now some will either loathe the singer (in that case – go no further) and some may loathe the song (bet you bought Whitney’s wailing version though ..lol)..but… like it or loathe it - the two combined has given you the following dance:

[i][b]Because some dancers are weighted (balanced) to either their right or left, doing (on the spot) full turns in an opposite direction to their weighted sides can often prove a problem – even when doing full turn sweeps. To combat this problem a full OPTION has been added. It still involves opposite turns – but to a far lesser severity.

If you require a Word.doc copy and with a sample of the music – please contact me via email

Stay bright – Stay happy
Hold on to your dreams

Mike

FOREVER AND A DAY

Choreographed by:- William Sevone. September 6th 2007
Choreographed to:- "I will always love you" (68 bpm)...Dolly Parton ('Greatest Hits' / ‘The Very Best Of’)
Two Wall Line Dance:- 56& Count - Intermediate
Choreographers note:- The full turn sweeps may present a problem for some dancers - see foot of script.
I have used the original RCA recording – to me, there IS a big difference.
Dances to songs such as this, use of arms and hands can add to the serenity of a particular movement
Always remember - 'The beat may reach your feet - but the rhythm should electrify your soul'.
Dance start's on the word ‘I’ as in ‘If I should stay...’ feet together, weight on left.

SIDE HIP SWAYS. BEHIND. 1/4 RIGHT FWD. CROSS. 2 X BWD (3:00)
1-4 Stepping right to right: hip sway to right. Hip sway to left. Hip sway to right. Step left behind right.
5-6 Turn 1/4 right & step forward onto right. Cross left over right.
7-8 Step backward onto right. Step backward onto left.

1/2 RIGHT FWD. FWD. CROSS. 2X BWD. 3/4 LEFT. 3X DIAGONAL HIP SWAY (12:00)
9-10 Turn right ½ right & step forward onto right (9). Step forward onto left.
11-12 Cross right over left. Step backward onto left.
13-14 Step backward onto right. Turn ¾ left & step left diagonal left: with hip sway (left arm sweep to left)
15 Step right diagonal right: with hip sway (right arm sweep to right)
16 Step left diagonal left: with hip sway (left arm sweep to left)
Dance note: Diagonal step movements are short and similar to a shallow lunge

2X DIAGONAL HIP SWAY. 2X SIDE HIP SWAY. RECOVER. 1/2 LEFT. 3X DIAGONAL HIP SWAY (6:00)
17 Step right diagonal right: with hip sway (right arm sweep to right)
18 Step left diagonal left: with hip sway (left arm sweep to left)
19-20 Stepping right to right: Hip sway to right. Hip sway to left.
21-22 Recover weight to right. Turn ½ left & step left diagonal left: with hip sway (left arm sweep to left)
23 Step right diagonal right: with hip sway (right arm sweep to right)
24 Step left diagonal left: with hip sway (left arm sweep to left)
Dance note: Diagonal step movements are short and similar to a shallow lunge

BRIDAL WEDDING MARCH (6:00)
25-30 Walk forward: Right. Left. Right. Left. Right. Left.
31-32 Walk backward: Right. Left.
Style note: Scene - a Bride walking along the aisle - with slight ‘fall & rise’ action within each count

1/2 RIGHT FWD. FWD. 2X FWD FULL TURN-FWD. ROCK. RECOVER (12:00)
33-34 Turn ½ right & step forward onto right. Step forward onto left.
35-36 Forward full right & step forward onto right. Step forward onto left.
37-38 Forward full right & step forward onto right. Step forward onto left.
39-40 Rock forward onto right. Rock onto left.

2X 1/2 RIGHT SIDE. FULL TURN SWEEP. SIDE. CROSS. SIDE. 2X HIP SWAY (12:00)
41-42 Turn ½ right & step right to right (6). Turn ½ right & step left to left (12).
43-44 bending knees slightly - Sweep FULL turn right. Step right to right.
45-46 Cross left over right. Step right to right.
47-48 Stepping left to left: sway hips to left. Sway hips to right.

2X 1/2 RIGHT SIDE. FULL TURN SWEEP OR OPTION. SIDE. CROSS. SIDE. 2X HIP SWAY (12:00)
41-42 Turn ½ right & step right to right (6). Turn ½ right & step left to left (12).
43-44 bending knees slightly - Sweep FULL turn right. Step right to right.
OPTION: Counts 43-44&: Turn ½ right & step right to right (6). Turn ½ right & step left to left (12). Weight onto right.
45-46 Cross left over right. Step right to right.
47-48 Stepping left to left: sway hips to left. Sway hips to right.

2X 1/2 LEFT SIDE. FULL TURN SWEEP OR OPTION. SIDE. CROSS. SIDE. 2X HIP SWAY. 1/2 RIGHT (6:00)
49-50 Turn ½ left & step left to left (6). Turn ½ left & step right to right (12).
51-52 bending knees slightly - Sweep FULL turn left. Step left to left.
OPTION: Counts 51-52&: Turn ½ left & step left to left (6). Turn ½ left & step right to right (12). Weight onto left.
53-54 Cross right over left. Step left to left.
55-56 Stepping right to right: sway hips to right. (weight onto left) Sway hips to left.
& Turn ½ right (right foot ready to step to side – Count 1)

Note: Full turn sweeps: Use the OPTION or half way around touch foot to floor, then quickly ‘push off’ to continue move.
DANCE FINISH: Count 56 (do NOT include ‘&’ turn) of the 3rd wall – continue hip sways to end of music

Last edited by on Thu 13 Sep 2007, 03:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tigger
Admin
Admin
Tigger

PostSubject: Re: FOREVER AND A DAY: 56/2 Intermediate   FOREVER AND A DAY: 56/2 Intermediate Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2007, 08:20

The script is also available for download on most major sites (Worldwide) including:

http://www.a-s-portal.com/download.php?view.2448

Last edited by Tigger on Fri 22 Aug 2008, 09:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dancing Gal
Admin
Admin
Dancing Gal

Number of posts : 430
Registration date : 2006-12-03

PostSubject: Re: FOREVER AND A DAY: 56/2 Intermediate   FOREVER AND A DAY: 56/2 Intermediate Icon_minitimeThu 13 Sep 2007, 06:52

Whitless houston should never have allowed this perfectly lovely song. blue
Back to top Go down
https://linedancerforum.editboard.com
Tigger
Admin
Admin
Tigger

PostSubject: Re: FOREVER AND A DAY: 56/2 Intermediate   FOREVER AND A DAY: 56/2 Intermediate Icon_minitimeThu 13 Sep 2007, 07:27

Oooooooo... knock a Lady down when she has had a bad batch... Cool Twisted Evil ... you are quite right of course.. though many (?) would no doubt disagree.
Whitters always reminds me of Shirley Bassey - they both SCREEEEEEECH I have not heard any pieces of music (by these two singers) where they have actually sang ... softley... Dont fancy being in a room when they are singing a lullaby - their natural instinct would be to raise the pitch by at least two octaves...argggggghhhhhh.
Back to top Go down
Tigger
Admin
Admin
Tigger

PostSubject: Re: FOREVER AND A DAY: 56/2 Intermediate   FOREVER AND A DAY: 56/2 Intermediate Icon_minitimeTue 25 Sep 2007, 11:08

...and if ya wanna know what it looks like in real time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc0qhCsnQ2o

..the dance will not be for everyone... then again - I didn't choreograph it for 'everyone'.. just those who like a good song and can melt awy.
Back to top Go down
Dancing Gal
Admin
Admin
Dancing Gal

Number of posts : 430
Registration date : 2006-12-03

PostSubject: Re: FOREVER AND A DAY: 56/2 Intermediate   FOREVER AND A DAY: 56/2 Intermediate Icon_minitimeThu 27 Sep 2007, 11:16

Looks very nice, but you can be sure I'd be the only one in the line turning in the wrong direction.

Very pretty finish.
Back to top Go down
https://linedancerforum.editboard.com
Tigger
Admin
Admin
Tigger

PostSubject: Re: FOREVER AND A DAY: 56/2 Intermediate   FOREVER AND A DAY: 56/2 Intermediate Icon_minitimeThu 27 Sep 2007, 16:59

Hi DG...

I just put in the 'dance finish'.. and leave the 'pose' to her. She (Joyce) is now getting justified recognition in other parts of the World - not only her dancing but her teaching skills as well.
As regards to this particular video .. Joyce has done a few minor variations to suit her Class. Though the 'Bridal Walk' seems to have lost the 'Up and Down' long step styling.. its still done quite nice.

Joyce also does a mean intro as welll... as the World Wide (except the UK)success of the dance Bellisimo is proving - and its mainly down to 'that intro'.

excerpt from Carol Cravens Linedance Newsletter (which is read and enjoyed throught the World)...

Thursday 9/27/07

Subject: Been to two line dance heavens and back

1) Singapore and Joyce Lim (Jus danz):

In June, while visiting my son in Singapore--and spurred by her fantastic style in online videos--
I visited Joyce Lim's class, and later, her party.

Joyce is not only a beautiful and artistic dancer, she is also an absolutely wonderful teacher.
It's an understatement to say that she and her students are very progressive and fast learners.
I felt right at home with them. Joyce teaches new dances choreographed from all over the globe,
usually when the ink on the script has not even had a chance to dry!

Singapore's LD scene is very vibrant. There are so many classes and socials to choose from
that you can be any type or level of dancer and there will be something for you. Line Dance Heaven
in my book!
2) Southern Calif and Lou Ann Schemmel & thanks also to Mel Branham, Tom Araujo and Pati Fall

I found Lou Ann's web site soon after visiting Mel Branham's Sat. class over 3 years ago, when I
was just a LD "baby". I had been observing since and later following her teachings when I finally
started to attend the weekend events on a regular basis. Lou Ann and many of her students attend
and support the weekend events often and, in my opinion, have quite an influence on the dances
played, especially for the Int/Adv crowd.

In Aug and Sept, I visited family in L.A. twice. Visiting Lou Ann's class was a must in my book.
Her style of teaching suits me to a "T", and every one of her classes is a mini-social.
It's an understatement to say that I enjoyed and had great fun in her class. To her and my dismay,
I had to leave for home a few days before her Sept socials.

Since I sensed Lou Ann and I have similar taste in dances, I was a little bold in telling her the dances
I liked. "Burning" is one out in the public. She liked and picked up, to my delight, "Bellisimo"
& "Hold On" as new teachings for the 2 weeks I was there. Such a "cool" teacher! She is yet to be
receptive about "Let's get saved" and a fun easy party dance, "Mr. Luver," though.... :-)

Southern Calif has lots of classes and socials to choose from, thanks to all the dedicated teachers in the
area. It is another LD Heaven in my book!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FOREVER AND A DAY: 56/2 Intermediate   FOREVER AND A DAY: 56/2 Intermediate Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FOREVER AND A DAY: 56/2 Intermediate
Page 1 of 1