Line Dancer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Line Dancer Forum

A New Forum for Line Dancers everywhere!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SURFS UP: 32/4 Ad.Beg - a (real) FUN dance

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tigger
Admin
Admin
Tigger

Number of posts : 1030
Registration date : 2007-02-21

SURFS UP: 32/4 Ad.Beg - a (real) FUN dance Empty
PostSubject: SURFS UP: 32/4 Ad.Beg - a (real) FUN dance   SURFS UP: 32/4 Ad.Beg - a (real) FUN dance Icon_minitimeFri 10 Aug 2007, 11:51

Hi...

...and just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water.... along came this surfer dude trying hard not to do a wipeout with SURFS UP.

Now, its not going to be everyones 'cup of tea' - so you will have to try and explain to those who refuse to do the dance just WHY you are smiling... this IS a fun dance - in the truest sense of the word.

I have also included a piccy of the Surfer Position - in case you are scratching your head.

SURFS UP

Choreographed by:- William ‘The Silver Surfer’ Sevone. July 31st 2007
Choreographed to:- "Surfin USA" (158 bpm)... The Beach Boys (many compilations)
Four Wall Line Dance:- 32 count – Advanced Beginner
Choreographers note:- If you take this dance seriously – chill out… there isn’t anything serious about
this dance other than trying to complete it without falling off your board???.
The dance starts with the Intro, the dancer then takes up the Surfer position at the same time starting the
main dance – sounds complicated ?…. Noooooo way.. there are more words on this script than moves.
In this case the tempo and some of the more …err.. unusual moves dictated the actual level of the dance.
Always remember - 'The beat may reach your feet - but the rhythm should electrify your soul'.
Dance starts with the very quick guitar intro… main dance start on the vocals:-

INTRO: (vision – small stretch of sand.. board under your arm - the blue water beyond.. )
As the guitar comes in, take 6 very small running steps forward – and ‘jump’ (step forward) onto your board

SURFS UP: 32/4 Ad.Beg - a (real) FUN dance SurfingPose2

Assume the SURFER POSITION: Stepping forward onto left foot with knees slightly bent, Head, left foot and
arm forward, right foot and upper body toward 3:00, right arm pointing backward.
The dancer will assume this position at the start of EVERY new wall (on count 1). It doesn’t matter if it
runs into the start of the dance – that’s all part of the fun.

THE SURFER POSITION – WIGGLE HIPS. ALL CHANGE. THE SURFER POSITION – WIGGLE HIPS (12:00)
1–4 Step forward onto left & wiggle hips and body – keeping your balance on ‘the board’
& Jump up and turn to reverse foot/arm positions (right arm/foot lead) – that ‘board’ can be slippery
5–8 Bump/wiggle hips as 1-4
Option: Count &: Turn on ball of left foot – though the jump does look better.

FACE FWD-PUMP ARMS. ALL CHANGE. PUMP ARMS (6:00)
& Knees still bent – turn to face forward (12) stepping left to left side (feet apart).
9–12 ‘Pump’ arms up and down: Left up/Right down – Right up/Left down (repeat)
& Jump up & turn ½ right - landing as start of section.
13–16 Continue ‘Pumping’ arms up and down as 9-12.

3X CROSS TOUCH-TOGETHER. BEHIND. UNWIND 1/2 RIGHT (12:00)
17–18 (leaning left) Touch left toe across right foot. (straighten up) Step left next to right.
19–20 (leaning right) Touch right toe across left foot. (straighten up) Step right next to left.
21–22 (leaning left) Touch left toe across right foot. (straighten up) Step left next to right.
23–24 Step right behind left. Unwind ½ right (weight on right).

CROSS SHUFFLE. 2X SIDE ROCK-RECOVER. CROSS SHUFFLE WITH 1/4 LEFT (9:00)
25&26 Cross shuffle right stepping: L.R-L.
27–28 Rock right to right. Recover onto left.
29–30 Rock right to right. Recover onto left.
31&32 Cross shuffle left stepping: R.L-R – turning to face 9:00 for count 1.
REMEMBER: As you step forward on count 1 – you should be ‘READY TO SURRRRRRRF’

Last edited by Mike Taylor on Sat 28 Jun 2008, 09:03; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tigger
Admin
Admin
Tigger

PostSubject: Re: SURFS UP: 32/4 Ad.Beg - a (real) FUN dance   SURFS UP: 32/4 Ad.Beg - a (real) FUN dance Icon_minitimeSun 12 Aug 2007, 04:25

The script is either already on or has been sent to the most popular major dance sites.. including:

http://www.a-s-portal.com/download.php?view.2421

http://www.geocities.com/dancediary/ssAug07/SurfsUp1.doc

Last edited by Tigger on Fri 22 Aug 2008, 09:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dancing Gal
Admin
Admin
Dancing Gal

Number of posts : 430
Registration date : 2006-12-03

PostSubject: Re: SURFS UP: 32/4 Ad.Beg - a (real) FUN dance   SURFS UP: 32/4 Ad.Beg - a (real) FUN dance Icon_minitimeMon 13 Aug 2007, 01:19

Made me smile and wiggle my hips just reading it. shake
Back to top Go down
https://linedancerforum.editboard.com
Tigger
Admin
Admin
Tigger

PostSubject: Re: SURFS UP: 32/4 Ad.Beg - a (real) FUN dance   SURFS UP: 32/4 Ad.Beg - a (real) FUN dance Icon_minitimeMon 13 Aug 2007, 10:52

Hmmmm.... your easily pleased then DG.... best not read Lady Chatters Lover then.... Embarassed Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Dancing Gal
Admin
Admin
Dancing Gal

PostSubject: Re: SURFS UP: 32/4 Ad.Beg - a (real) FUN dance   SURFS UP: 32/4 Ad.Beg - a (real) FUN dance Icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2007, 00:59

As I get older I get more and more easy to please Mike Wink
Back to top Go down
Tigger
Admin
Admin
Tigger

PostSubject: Re: SURFS UP: 32/4 Ad.Beg - a (real) FUN dance   SURFS UP: 32/4 Ad.Beg - a (real) FUN dance Icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2007, 10:23

Fancy some Candy Floss... Shocked Cool Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dancing Gal
Admin
Admin
Dancing Gal

PostSubject: Re: SURFS UP: 32/4 Ad.Beg - a (real) FUN dance   SURFS UP: 32/4 Ad.Beg - a (real) FUN dance Icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2007, 11:04

ooooooh you big spender you - such a temptation.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: SURFS UP: 32/4 Ad.Beg - a (real) FUN dance   SURFS UP: 32/4 Ad.Beg - a (real) FUN dance Icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2007, 14:06

MMMMM Laughing Does one need a wetsuit for this dance ? lol!
Back to top Go down
Destiny
2 Smooth 2 Move
Destiny

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-02-15

PostSubject: Re: SURFS UP: 32/4 Ad.Beg - a (real) FUN dance   SURFS UP: 32/4 Ad.Beg - a (real) FUN dance Icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2007, 17:30

And a rubber ring, I keep fallin off me board Sad

Perhaps it is easier to dance if you are a good swimmer Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: SURFS UP: 32/4 Ad.Beg - a (real) FUN dance   SURFS UP: 32/4 Ad.Beg - a (real) FUN dance Icon_minitimeTue 21 Aug 2007, 14:21

Hi Destiny

I think surfing could help with your balance and cardiovascular exercises not to sure how it help with timing scratch maybe while dodging a shark or two or waiting to jump the waves. "Dancing with the Waves / Dancing with the sharks" sounds like a good dance maybe with whale sounds for music. doubt The story could end in "Finding linedancer" (Finding Nemo). lol!

fun Footloose
Back to top Go down
Tigger
Admin
Admin
Tigger

PostSubject: Re: SURFS UP: 32/4 Ad.Beg - a (real) FUN dance   SURFS UP: 32/4 Ad.Beg - a (real) FUN dance Icon_minitimeWed 22 Aug 2007, 16:23

Destiny: "...Perhaps it is easier to dance if you are a good swimmer"..

Hmmm... cant swim!!.... welllllllll... actually I CAN swim underwater (2 widths)... but on top... nahhhhh!

Footloose:... Hmmm... '[sings]..'There's a plaice for you... somewhere a plaice for you' Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: SURFS UP: 32/4 Ad.Beg - a (real) FUN dance   SURFS UP: 32/4 Ad.Beg - a (real) FUN dance Icon_minitimeSat 25 Aug 2007, 03:21

Mike - don't hold your breath for too long when underwater blue you might need cpr Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Destiny
2 Smooth 2 Move
Destiny

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-02-15

PostSubject: Re: SURFS UP: 32/4 Ad.Beg - a (real) FUN dance   SURFS UP: 32/4 Ad.Beg - a (real) FUN dance Icon_minitimeSat 25 Aug 2007, 09:22

Or the kiss of life FDRE doubt scratch lol!
Back to top Go down
Tigger
Admin
Admin
Tigger

PostSubject: Re: SURFS UP: 32/4 Ad.Beg - a (real) FUN dance   SURFS UP: 32/4 Ad.Beg - a (real) FUN dance Icon_minitimeSat 25 Aug 2007, 10:14

Footloose:...He he... [rubbing hands together in a manic fashion]..'They will never find the body...'... 'ang on... thats MY body i'm talking about... Shocked

Destiny: Kiss Of Life... like underwater??... 'cos just tell me this... WHO is gonna pull ME out... Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: SURFS UP: 32/4 Ad.Beg - a (real) FUN dance   SURFS UP: 32/4 Ad.Beg - a (real) FUN dance Icon_minitimeMon 27 Aug 2007, 13:20

Mike - you best check if there's a life-guard on duty before you take the plunge Rolling Eyes - or maybe its better to stay safe on the shore. Wink - don't want to send out the rescue to look for your body..... Crying or Very sad by the way how will they know its you confused
Back to top Go down
Tigger
Admin
Admin
Tigger

PostSubject: Re: SURFS UP: 32/4 Ad.Beg - a (real) FUN dance   SURFS UP: 32/4 Ad.Beg - a (real) FUN dance Icon_minitimeMon 27 Aug 2007, 14:11

Hmmm... scratch good one that Footloose... maybe they will tell by the smug smile on my face... and the fact that each of my hands will be gripping the knecks of two rather odious characters who hailed from 'north of the border' Twisted Evil Twisted Evil lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SURFS UP: 32/4 Ad.Beg - a (real) FUN dance   SURFS UP: 32/4 Ad.Beg - a (real) FUN dance Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SURFS UP: 32/4 Ad.Beg - a (real) FUN dance
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Line Dancer Forum :: General Discussion :: The latest dances-
Jump to: