Line Dancer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Line Dancer Forum

A New Forum for Line Dancers everywhere!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What qualifications do I need?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

What qualifications do I need? Empty
PostSubject: What qualifications do I need?   What qualifications do I need? Icon_minitimeMon 04 Dec 2006, 05:23

What qualifications do I need to teach line dance? I'm an enthusiastic dancer, not sure if i could teach, but where can I go to find out? santa
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What qualifications do I need?   What qualifications do I need? Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jan 2007, 15:01

You actually dont need to be qualified to be an instructor. You just need to make sure you have the appropriate licences and insurance. I qualified however with the BWDA2000 I think it makes you more credible as an instructor. Their website is www.bwda2000.com
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What qualifications do I need?   What qualifications do I need? Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jan 2007, 15:44

Must be a bit daunting setting up your own classes doubt Not sure I'm brave enough
Back to top Go down
Jennie
Groover
Groover
Jennie

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2007-01-19

PostSubject: Re: What qualifications do I need?   What qualifications do I need? Icon_minitimeTue 13 Feb 2007, 09:35

Oops, Im a bit behind in spotting this post but nevermind! Embarassed

Dancer, have you got a real desire to teach your own class or is it just a wondering at the minute?? Question

Jen
Back to top Go down
http://www.jennapogue.co.uk/
BOOT SCOOTER
Dancer
Dancer
BOOT SCOOTER

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: HOW DO i DO THAT   What qualifications do I need? Icon_minitimeSat 09 Jun 2007, 04:35

I taught some small groups in a community day centre. Enjoyed it but it's not as easy as it seemed. Iguess you need to ensure you are covered by insurance and have a good sound system. I will stick to being just a line dacer from now on Dave.
Back to top Go down
Julie
Shuffler
Shuffler
Julie

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2007-01-16

PostSubject: Re: What qualifications do I need?   What qualifications do I need? Icon_minitimeSat 23 Feb 2008, 16:11

Georgina wrote:
You actually dont need to be qualified to be an instructor. You just need to make sure you have the appropriate licences and insurance. I qualified however with the BWDA2000 I think it makes you more credible as an instructor. Their website is www.bwda2000.com

which is where Georgina and I went for our training Smile it was a good thing to go and do in my opinion - not too costly and for someone who hasnt run their own classes it makes even more sense to go and do it. the courses are only three days long (usually three sundays spread out over a month or so).

depending on what area you live in you may find the BWDA is a better choice - there are two organisations, one is the BWDA2000 and the other is the BWDA - the letters stand for different things (long story - dont ask lol) but they are both very similar, both offer you cheap public liability insurance, and can get your ppl license for you too.

running classes is good fun, as long as you go into it knowing that you are going into showbiz!!! you dont realise it - but when you teach, it doesnt matter how much is going on in your personal life (good or bad) the show must go on and so it becomes a real commitment very very quickly.

good luck with it Dave, please let us know if you decide to go ahead with your plans.

Julie xxx
Back to top Go down
http://www.linedancingevents.com/
Destiny
2 Smooth 2 Move
Destiny

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-02-15

PostSubject: Re: What qualifications do I need?   What qualifications do I need? Icon_minitimeSat 19 Apr 2008, 04:38

I wonder if Dancer ever did Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What qualifications do I need?   What qualifications do I need? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What qualifications do I need?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Line Dancer Forum :: Dance Surgery :: Help - how do I do that?-
Jump to: